Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Straining Forward

On Sunday, the pastor directed us to the book of Philippians. I couldn't help but notice an underlined and noted verse on the next page. I will share it with you:

Philippians 3:13b "But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."

The note I have written next to it says, "Don't let the past stop you from now striving to become like Christ." We can't let hard times stop us from pressing on to our goal - living in Christ-likeness as we look forward to eternity in heaven!

At this time last year, I was not at a good place. I had several decisions to make about my future, but I was letting past failures get in the way of the current life I was living. I was confused and frustrated, not sure what I was supposed to do. I was also trying to please everyone - which, believe me, is impossible! I have since, by God's grace, come a long way. It's been a trying year, but I have learned and grown so much because of it. I am thoroughly looking forward to this summer and what the Lord has in store for me. Will you join me in "straining forward to what lies ahead?"

No comments:

Post a Comment