Monday, May 3, 2010

One Life to Love


Last semester I went to a concert in the area. I really went because John Waller was going to be singing, but 33 Miles was the main band. I really enjoyed what the lead singer had to share as he talked about Guatemala - I went to Guatemala on a mission's trip 2 summers ago, so it holds a special place in my heart. I also liked their song One Life to Love.

The chorus goes like this:

You only get just one time around,
you only get one shot at this
One chance to find out the one thing
that you don't wanna miss
One day when it's all said and done
I hope you see that it was enough
This one ride, one try, one life to love

You can listen to the whole song on Youtube here. I love when it comes on the radio!

I had a friend share this on her Facebook, and I commented that I liked the song. She said it reminded her of my speech at graduation. I talked about living your life the way you want to be remembered, making sure that in the end we can look back and be pleased with how we lived for the Lord. I encourage you to take the time to reflect on your life and make sure you are using your one life for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment