Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Front of the Class


When I was home over the weekend I watched the movie Front of the Class. It is based on the true story of Brad Cohen who has tourette syndrome. School was never his favorite part of growing up - the teachers all thought he was making noises just for attention. He did have one principle who tried to get the teachers and students to understand more about his condition, and Brad decided he wanted to become the teacher he never had. He struggled to find a teaching position, but finally he got placed in a 2nd grade classroom. He explained his tourettes to the children and let them ask anything they wanted about it. He made learning fun in the classroom and his students appreciated him.

Overall, it's a good story (and it's based on a true story, which I always like!). There is also a book by the same title that I have added to my ever growing list!

No comments:

Post a Comment