Monday, May 17, 2010

Training Begins!


I started my half-marathon training program today! It's really a 12 week program, but I am doubling up on some weeks and making it 17. Some days (like today) I will do stretching and strengthening. I stretched well and then used the weight machines. Other days you run 2-5 miles or do crosstraining, which is biking, swimming, or rollerblading for me. On the weekends you do the long run, which is anywhere from 4 to 10 miles, then the big 13.1 in 17 weeks! I've been running for a few months now, so I'm excited to get on a real schedule!

I also started both of my summer jobs today - it was my first full day! Let's just say I will be doing A LOT of filing this summer!! Hopefully they will come up with some different tasks for me to do every once in a while. My jobs may not be too exciting, but I think my free time will make up for that. I recently joined a kickball team for young adults in Rochester. I don't know when my games are yet, but I'm pretty excited! I'm also part of a Bible study for post-college age at my church (may be a bit older, but close enough for me!). We have our first get together tomorrow night, and we are doing a potlock dinner - looking forward to meeting new people. This same group (they are called GAP - Graduates and Professionals) meets throughout the summer to play volleyball, which I am really looking forward to! It should be a fun summer with new people and experiences.

Lastly, today is my sister, Amy's, birthday!! HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY, AMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment