Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Faithful Women & Their Extraordinary God


I just finished reading my fourth book - Faithful Women & Their Extraordinary God by Noel Piper. The book highlighted 5 Christian women from throughout history. Sarah Edwards, Jonathan Edwards wife, was faithful in the everyday tasks as she served her husband and guests to their home. Helen Roseeare was faithful as she served the Lord in Africa. Gladys Aylward was faithful in her work in China. I remember reading a chapter book in second grade about Gladys Aylward, and I asked my mom to bring it up to me over the weekend to read again! Gladys was born in England, but knew the Lord had called her to China. No mission's agency would take her, so she raised her own funds to get to China. She eventually did and spent years learning the language and teaching the people. Perhaps she is most famous for her work of unbinding girls' feet. She herself was small with dark hair, so she fit right in. I am looking forward to re-reading that Trailblazer book (remember those?!) from second grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment