Sunday, June 27, 2010

Maryland Vacation

I was in Maryland for the weekend visiting family. My grandma and one group of cousins live down there. The other group of cousins were visiting from Texas. We had a great time together - swimming in the pool, eating corn on the cob, catching fireflies, and playing games - the toothpick game, the couch game, Blokus, and more! I accomplised another activity as visiting my grandma in Maryland was on my list!
Here's my cousin, Katie, and Julie playing Blokus. Julie got all her pieces on the board once!
Jenny was trying out the stilts. She was also quite the swimmer!
James was real good at catching fireflies!

Me and my cousin, Katie, from Texas. She is the one I went to visit last summer for her graduation.

Grandma took the girl cousins to The Melting Pot for dinner on Saturday. We started with a cheese fondue with bread, tortilla chips, veggies, and apples. Then we had 3 different salads to share. After that came the main course - we had steak, chicken, and shrimp to cook in oil or a broth with tons of sauces for dipping. Last came the dessert fondue! We got pure milk chocolate with cheesecake, brownies, poundcake, strawberries, marshmellows, and bananas. Everything was delicious!

Me, Sarah, and Julie with the dessert fondue. They brought out a birthday candle for Sarah's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment