Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Wiz


A friend from Roberts was in a musical this weekend, so I went to go see The Wiz this afternoon. It was a spin off The Wizard of Oz. It was fun to go watch. Growing up, my school used to do a play or musical every Spring, and I always enjoyed those. I have been to a few held at Roberts, which have been good, and I was happy to find one to go to this summer. The scarecrow did a very good job - he was so animated! I was a little disappointed though because Dorothy's shoes were not ruby red - they were silver?! And she did not repeat, "There's no place like home..." as she clicked her heals together - isn't that the classic line? Overall, it was still enjoyable to watch.

After the show, I went to my Aunt's house to celebrate Father's Day with my Grandpa. We played Bocee Ball and had a yummy meal. After that I came back home to Skype with my dad. I had given him his present last weekend when he was up for my cousin's wedding. I gave him the game Blokus which I had played a couple times and thought he would like. The game is for up to 4 players, each with a different color. There is a board with raised squares, and the colored pieces that look like they are from Tetris go on the board one at a time. The goal is to get the most on the board touching your pieces only on the diagonal. They have a 2 player version of the game that I am thinking about getting for myself. My dad has played his game a few times, so I'm glad he is enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment