Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Half Way There!


I finished my 5th book last week! I read At Least We Were Married. It is written by Terry Thomas, and it is about his relationship with his wife before they were married and up to their honeymoon. A friend recommended this book to me while we were in Guatemala 2 summers ago, and I have just now gotten around to reading it!

Terry's wife, Nancy, was killed in a car accident while they were on their way to Florida for their honeymoon. The book does a great job of describing their wonderful relationship with each other and the Lord, and shares about tough decisions they had to make as they prepared for marriage. A wonderful marriage was cut short, but Terry realizes God is still in control.

This book just kind of hit home with me more since I know so many people that are getting married within the year. Last weekend my summer roommate got married. This weekend my cousin gets married. Two friends from college are getting married in August and January, and I have a friend from high school who just got engaged and is planning a wedding for next summer. My prayer is that these relationships will be strong in the Lord as well, and that He will grant them safety as they start their new lives together!

2 comments:

  1. Do you own this book or did you borrow it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it off Amazon. I have it in the pile of stuff to give you when you are here!

    ReplyDelete