Monday, June 14, 2010

Hawaii Vacation

4 months ago I was in Hawaii having a wonderful time while visiting my friend Heather. Her husband, Andrew, was in the Marines and stationed in Hawaii. Of course, I hopped on a plane to visit them during my February Break. It was a great trip - here are some pictures of my favorite activities!

This is the sunrise on morning. We did this twice because it was one of my favorites. We hiked to the top of a hill to watch the sunrise over the ocean. What a great way to start the day!

This is Hanamua Bay where we went snorkeling. It was a great day to be in the water, and we saw lots of fish!

I had an underwater camera, and my pictures turned out great! Another one of my favorite activities for sure!

Here is the view down to the city of Honolulu. We hiked Diamond Head, which is the crater of an erupted volcano. Later that day we ate dinner on the beach down in the city.

This is Heather and I the day we went kayaking in the ocean. It was hard work!! And our cell phones and my camera got wet and ruined by the waves, but we did have a good time!

This was the last day, and another one of my favorites! We took a boat out on docked on a sandbar. We could walk around on the sandbar, then it dropped off to we could swim. We borrowed this paddleboard from a boat that was docked nearby. Everyone gave it a try!

Hawaii was a wonderful vacation and a great way to spend time with Heather! Her husband is now out of the Marines, and they are on their way back to the east coast - I am looking forward to seeing her again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment