Monday, October 11, 2010

Content at Roberts


A year ago today I was in Ohio visiting Cedarville University, considering transferring and becoming a nursing major! Can you imagine what my life would be like if I had done that - I sure can't!

Last summer, I was very unhappy with the idea of going back to Roberts as a business major. However, since I hadn't made any other plans, I headed back in the fall to see how things went. I was pretty miserable and decided to call Cedarville and set up a time to visit them during my October Break. Since I was not thrilled about being a business major, I decided to find out what it would take to be a nursing major. Of course this meant practically starting my college career over as none of my business classes would transfer to count for anything. The registrar was helpful in drawing up a plan for classes I would need, but I would have graduated in 2013! I really liked the school and appreciated the people I met there. The nursing thing was working out, expect for one course - I would have had to take Chemistry over the summer at home. I worked on contacting who I needed to in Binghamton, but in the end, I never got an answer about taking that course. All for the best I suppose.

I enjoyed my visit to Cedarville and even sent in my application, keeping the whole idea on the hush-hush since nothing had been decided for sure. I continued my courses at Roberts, but didn't really make plans past the end of the semester - I was so ready to get out of there.

By the second week in November I wrote my parents a letter - things had changed. I told them how much I was enjoying my classes and my time at Roberts. I had switched from accounting to a management major, and was enjoying the discussions in class. I was enjoying getting to know my new roommate, and was having fun with my friends. I was taking time to figure out what I liked to do and made time for me. I told my parents I was at peace about staying at Roberts, as a management major, continuing to learn more about myself.

I am very thankful that the Lord allowed me to decide to stay at Roberts. Since making that decision, I have developed many friendships, gotten involved in a church, learned a lot in classes, and have simply enjoyed the college experience. My life has changed a lot from a year ago, and I am thankful for where I am today.

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for His working in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and thanks for your patience along the way, Mom : )

    ReplyDelete