Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Jayce and Audrey came over tonight to carve pumpkins! We hadn't hung out in 3 weeks, so it was great to spend time together again. We had a fun time using some fancy tools to gut our pumpkins and then carve our designs into them. (Mine's an owl, if you can't tell!) We baked the pumpkin seeds and snacked on them throughout the night.

Someone was in charge of bringing candles, but was confused and didn't end up picking them up, so we made a quick trip to Family Dollar. We found our candles, then Jayce decided he was hungry, so he headed over to Tim Hortons. He wanted to walk over, so handed me the keys to his car to meet him over there. Eventually, the candles ended up on the hood of Jayce's car while Audrey and I were waiting in the parking lot for Jayce to get some food. We decided to move to a different parking spot behind Tim Hortons. Totally forgetting about the candles on the hood, we drove to another parking spot. Jayce found us right away, and we started heading back to Roberts. All of a sudden, a receipt was flying in my face as I was driving - shoot! the candles! Jayce got out to search for them and found them right away next to the back tire. Yes - they had been run over! We were still able to use the candles to light up our pumpkins, and they looked great!

Audrey's birthday is on Saturday, so we also used this time to celebrate! Jayce came early and helped me make a cake for her. It was a fun night with good friends, and now I have some great looking pumpkins greeting everyone who walks by my townhouse door!

2 comments:

  1. It took me quite a long time to find the owl but I figured it out and it does look like one on a tree branch with the moon in the background!

    ReplyDelete