Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Running with the School Buses


I was feeling ambitious this morning, so I went for a run before class. I got up at 7am and headed outside. It was freezing cold! I was shivering as I walked to where I begin my runs. I started running and tears began streaming down my face as the cold wind hit me. I kept running as my legs turned numb.

For my 4 mile run, I run down the road to the elementary school then back up the next road. As I was running about 15 school buses passed me, blowing their smelly fumes in my face. They were picking kids up for school. I ran past the school and started up the next road, and what do I see coming toward me? Those same 15 buses, now with kids, heading to the school I just came from! It was not pleasant as they blew by me again.

By this time my legs are red and tears are still streaming down my face. I had a good run, but not sure I'll make 7am Tuesday runs a regular routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment