Tuesday, October 12, 2010

GAP Leadership

This is me and Abbie at our dinner/game night for small group. Abbie is part of the leadership for GAP and was basically my first contact in GAP. She lead the Bible Study I got involved in back in May - my first night attending was another dinner/game night inbetween studies. I have appreciated her leadership throughout the study on success, and now she is branching off and forming a new group with newer GAP members. I am thankful for the time I was able to spend getting to know her - she will be missed, but I know I will still be seeing her on Sunday mornings and at other GAP events!

I have the unique oppoortunity this semester to gain a better understanding of what Abbie does for GAP. I chose to serve her throughout the semester, finding ways to encourage her as I learn from her leadership. I found out that she was one of the formers of GAP a few years ago. She had a vision, and along with other young adults at Browncroft, started GAP. I am so very thankful for the ministry she began, and I'm glad I have gotten involved with it.

I am grateful for the friendship we have formed, and I look forward to learning more about leadership from Abbie this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment