Thursday, December 16, 2010

21: The Best Year


Tomorrow is my 22nd birthday, and I can say that 21 was the best year of my life! I'm going to use this post to recap my favorite memory of each month of this past year:

December: My 21st Birthday - I spent the day at home with family and friends. I had an almond poppy seed cake for my birthday! I was up in Rochester the next day for an appointment, and visited my grandparents in Canandaigua - they made me a cake as well and had 21 large Christmas candles lit as I entered the house.

January: New Year and New Memories with Friends - My roommate, Michelle, and I started a new semester together. I also went rock climbing with another friend on campus, Kristen, who is actually from the Binghamton area as well.

February: Vacation in Hawaii - I went to visit my friend, Heather, for 10 days. We enjoyed watching the sun rise over the ocean, hiking, snorkeling, boating, and trying out paddleboarding. It was such a relaxing trip and great to spend time with Heather!

March: SIFE Competition - Our SIFE team headed to Cleveland, OH for regional competition. We shared about the projects we had been working on during the past year and moved on to Nationals in Minneapolis!

April: Easter in Philly - I headed to Philadelphia to visit my sister, Amy, during my Easter Break. We explored the city, ate Philly cheesestakes, made an Easter ham, and went rock climbing.

May: New Friends in GAP - I joined the young adult group, Graduates and Professionals (GAP), at my church in Rochester. We played volleyball at the beach every other Saturday, I attended a weekly Bible study, and we met regularly for get togethers and service projects. I formed many new friendships as I was welcomed into this group!

June: Visiting Family in Maryland - My family spent time with our extended family in Maryland. We celebrated a birthday, had fun in the pool, played games, and my grandma took the girl cousins to the Melting Pot - a fondue restaurant!

July: Home with Family and Friends - I spent the summer living and working on campus in Rochester. I was able to go home for a week during the 4th of July. I spent time hiking, hanging out with friends, geocaching for the first time with my sister, watching fireworks, and running my first race - a 5K!

August: Start of Senior Year - My roommate, Michelle, and I moved into a townhouse on campus with two other girls, I was involved in SIFE leadership with many of my friends, and I took classes with some of my favorite people!

September: Running the Half Marathon - I had seriously trained since May and ran the 13.1 miles in downtown Rochester with 5 friends. I was only a minute and 15 seconds over my goal!

October: Bike Ride to Canada - My friend, Danielle, goes to school in Buffalo. I met her in Buffalo with my bike, and we rode across the Peace Bridge into Canada! We rode for about 5 hours and figured it was about 30 miles altogther. It was defintely an adventure!

November: Visit from Brittany - Many of my friends from home have been able to visit me at school! Brittany came up and spent the weekend with me. We got garbage plates and went to the Jell-O Museum!

I have had the best year of my life, and I am thankful for the many memories and friendships that have deepened this past year! Prayfully, 22 will be another great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment