Friday, December 24, 2010

A Life You Have Imagined


A few years ago for Christmas I got the necklace pictured to the left. It has a quote from author and poet, Henry David Thoreau, "Live the life you have imagined."

I really liked the quote, but must say, I was not living the life I had imagined for myself when I received it. Ask me about my high school graduation, my freshman year of college, or the summer after sophomore year - not quite what I had pictured for myself.

Lately, I can really say that I have been living the life I have imagined. I enjoy my classes, do activities with friends, have a spiritual support system, keep in touch with my family, have jobs I enjoy, have gotten involved at church, and strive to make the most out of every day! I have really been thankful for life lately and all that God has allowed me to experience.

I think part of living a life you have imagined is actually imagining it! Picture what you would like to do or accomplish and aim to make those a reality. I've enjoyed creating lists of goals and imagining what I want to accomplish in the future. Of course, the Lord ultimately knows what I will do with my life, but it's fun and rewarding to have ideas!

Think about what you want for you life and strive to make that a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment