Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Family

Dad, Amy, Julie, Laura, Mom - Pittsburgh - October 2009

I talk so much about my friends in this blog, I thought it was time to talk about my family! The picture above is from our trip to Pittsburgh to visit Julie at her school last fall - it's my favorite more recent picture of our family. We have been a family of 5 going on 20 years now! Here's a little bit about my family and what I appreciate about each of them:

Dad - His love for games and puzzles was passed down to me! He's always up for a logic challenge and likes finding new puzzles to try. He's a software engineer and has always provided for our family. He's active at church and enjoys working in his garden in the summer. I appreciate his level-headedness when it comes to making decisions.

Amy - My older sister, whom I have always learned from and followed. She graduated in 2009 from a college in Philadelphia where she is now working various part time jobs. I love going to visit her and seeing her crafty side. She was an industrial design major, which is like product design and development. She is the more artsy one in the family. I appreciate her genuineness whenever we have the chance to catch up and talk about life.

Julie - My younger, always-doing-crazy-things, little sister. She is a sophomore bio major at a Christian college just south of Pittsburgh. She is an RA this year and is always finding fun things to do with her friends. She is completely random at times and is always up for new adventures. I appreciate her unique and creative side.

Mom - Who I get my emotional and sentimental side from. She stayed at home to raise me and my sisters, but has now gone back to work doing office type stuff. She enjoys singing, sewing, and gardening. She organizes our family get-togethers, making sure we keep in touch with each other and extended family. I appreciate her honesty and desire to spend time with the ones she loves.

As the Christmas Season approaches, I will be celebrating with my family. I am thankful for them and the many memories we have had together over the years!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet write-up about the family! Looking forward to the holidays coming up :)

    ReplyDelete