Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Joys of Snow


It has been snowing here in Rochester since last Wednesday, the first day of December! I'm not sure how many inches, but after brushing off my car multiple times a day, I know it's a lot!

Thankfully, I was prepared for this first snow. I have by winter coats, gloves, scarves, and hats here at school with me. My poor roommate, however, did not bring back her winter boots and has been struggling this week. Thankfully, our housemate had an extra pair Michelle could borrow today!

The roads have been slippery around campus, and I've even decided not to go to some off campus events because of the snow. Hopefully I won't have to cancel many more plans!

At times, the snow is really pretty - I like when it's nice and fluffy, coming down gently as big flakes! A friend said he just stopped and enjoyed the peacefulness of the falling snow the other day. We may like it now, but what will we be saying come April when it's still coming down?!

No comments:

Post a Comment