Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bubble Tea


Bubble Tea: a sweet flavored tea beverage invented in Taiwan. Delicious and a must have when visiting at home.

Bubble tea comes in a variety of mainly fruit flavors sometimes mixed with milk or blended with ice. You can get the tea cold or hot, with or without tapioca bubbles.

My older sister, Amy, first introduced my to bubble tea, probably in Jr. High or high school. I used to not like tea and was not a huge fan. However, over the years, my taste buds have grown to really enjoy the delicious combination of tea and fun bubbles!

There is a place near my house in Vestal called K&K's Old Tea House - this is the place to go for bubble tea. It's a fun place to meet up with friends from high school and catch up on life. My younger sister, Julie, and I went there this afternoon. I got my default green peach tea, cold, with tapioca. The fun part is the big colorful straws you stick into the top to drink the tea and suck up the bubbles!

I did find bubble tea in Rochester with my friend, Kristen, but it was not as good as the one in Vestal. Maybe I'll keep looking, or just always anticipate a trip home!

No comments:

Post a Comment