Saturday, July 17, 2010

3 New People

One goal I set for myself this year was to meet and really get to know 3 new people. This picture is of me and my friend, Rachel. I met Rachel back in May at a potluck/game night her small group from Browncroft was having. It was my first time at an event with this group, so I met a lot of new people. I enjoyed talking with Rachel, and even brought home some of her pasta salad! After that, I saw her at other GAP events (the young adult group at Browncroft) and on Sunday mornings. In the beginning of the summer, I had a day off, and I spent it with Rachel rollerblading, biking, and playing a game. We have also gone cherry picking together, and most recently went to the public market and did some hiking at Turning Point Park. I have enjoyed getting to know Rachel and spending time with her. She went to Roberts for a little while, so it's neat to share stories. I'm looking forward to getting to know Rachel even more as we continue to do things together.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I've been enjoying reading your blog! Sounds like you've been very active and enjoying life. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are able to catch a glimpse of my life through my blog! It was good to see you last week - I'll try to let you know when I am around again.

    ReplyDelete