Thursday, July 22, 2010

Garbage Plates


Once a week I go out to lunch with a friend who works at the church on campus. We go to a different place each week, and this week was Garbage Plates! Now, for those of you not from the Rochester area, a garbage plate is something we are known for (kind of like spiedies in Binghamton). Basically, a garbage plate is 2 cheeseburgers, home fries, and macaroni salad mixed together with a hot meat sauce, onions, and ketchup - delicous! Haha! There are variations of the plate, but this is the one I prefer.

I had my first garbage plate during my freshman year. Two friends and I went with a youth pastor of theirs who had attended Roberts and knew all about garbage plates. He taught us the proper way to order and eat them. You get 2 slices of bread to use at the end of your meal to pick up all the leftover goodness. I finished my whole plate and enjoyed it! I've gotten a few more since then, and have had fun sharing them with friends.

If it sounds good, come visit me in Rochester - we'll go get some plates!

No comments:

Post a Comment