Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Talent Show


Tonight was a service night for small group. We went to a nursing home by our church and had a little talent show for the residents. I brought my flute and played for them. The theme was patriotic, so I played a few patriotic songs from one of my old books, then I played along with some patriotic hymns while they sang. One of our members sang a couple songs by himself, then I played duet with my flute and the piano. It was great to get my flute out again! I took lessons 5th - 8th grade and played on and off in high school for church. I was also in the band and a flute choir at school. I did bring it to Roberts my sophomore year and played around in the practice rooms every so often. Then this past semester I took lessons once a week. I am glad I have stuck with it over the years and can now use it to bless others. Those in the nursing home sure enjoyed hearing from us tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment