Monday, July 19, 2010

Blueberry Cream Dessert


I went blueberry picking with my friend, Rachel, yesterday. We didn't have much time, so it was a quick trip for just a few blueberries. Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits to pick - they are easy to pick, so yummy, and you can make Blueberry Cream Dessert when you're done!

Blueberry Cream Dessert is one of my favorite desserts. It's so light, and the blueberries are so sweet. I had it at my graduation party instead of a regular cake with frosting. Here is the recipe for it if you are interested:

Blueberry Cream Dessert

Ingredients:

-1/2 cup sugar
-1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
-3/4 cup cold water
-8 oz. sour cream
-8 oz. blueberry yogurt
-1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
-1 and 1/4 cup graham crackers crumbs (1 package, crushed)
-1/3 cup melted butter
-1/4 cup sugar
-4 oz. cool whip
-1 cup fresh blueberries

Directions:

-In medium sauce pan heat and stir 1/2 cup sugar, gelatin, and water until dissolved. Combine sour cream, yogurt, and vanilla and stir into saucepan. Chill about 40 minutes until partially set.
-Combine graham crackers, margarine, and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside 1/4 cup of crumbs for top. Press into a 10x6x2 inch or a 9x9 inch pan.
-Fold cool whip into yogurt/sour cream mixture. Stir in blueberries and place in pan on top of graham crackers. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Chill 6 hours.

I made this for myself the other day and have been enjoying it! However, I only used half the cool whip, part of the graham crackers, etc. I had enough ingredients left over to make another one! I am bringing that one to Bible Study tomorrow.

I thought this recipe might also be good with different fruits. You could do strawberries with strawberry yogurt, or cherries with cherry yogurt. Whatever you end up using, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment