Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Church to Call "Home"


About a year ago, I started attending Browncroft Community Church. I had been church hopping for an entire semester, and I was about ready to give up and go back to my old church. I had remembered a handful of people talk about Browncroft in the past, so I looked it up, gave it a try, and have been going ever since! Even though Browncroft is a very big church, I have gotten involved in several ways over the past year:

GAP - Graduates and Professionals - The young adult group that welcomed me in a year early! I have done service projects with them, played beach volleyball, got involved in a weekly Bible study, and have made so many great friends!

Ecuador - A missions trip in February to minister to missionaries and children in Ecuador. We will be building a house, doing Bible stories, songs, and verse memorization with the kids, and host a soccer tournament. I have been working on my Spanish, and only need $25 more to cover my costs!

Youth at Browncroft - I was approached by my small group leader about an opportunity to teach a session of high school Sunday School classes. These classes would emphasize preparing for college, so I would have the chance to share about my recent experiences. I met with two of the youth leaders, and we are planning those sessions for April. Because of my connection with the high school leaders, my name came up when the youth group was looking for a leader for the 7th grade girls for snow camp this weekend. When offered the opportunity, I thought about it and discussed it with some friends. As I did, I couldn't help but think back to all my fun memories from snow camp - I wanted to provide those same special times for another group of girls, so I said I would join them this weekend!

I am thankful for the way Browncroft has provided so many opportunities for service and spiritual growth. I have formed so many godly friendships and Ecuador and snow camp will be a chance to step outside the norm and allow the Lord to use me in new ways for His glory. It's such a blessing to have found a church home in Rochester - what a difference it has made in my life this past year!

1 comment:

  1. What great opportunities! So where is the youth group going for snow camp and how many 7th graders will you be in charge of?

    ReplyDelete