Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Willow Tree Angels


I have started a little collection of Willow Tree Angels. Each angel has a word that goes along with it. Above are the two that I have.

Courage: This is the one on the left. It was from my aunt Melissa last year after my hospitalization. She went in the ambulance with me and spent time at the hospital. The card that came with the angel says, "Bringing a triumphant spirit, inspiration, and courage." She knew I would need courage to continue to recover from my hospitalization, and I'm glad I now have that special reminder to continue to have courage.

Blessings: This is the one on the right. It was from my mom for my birthday this year. She was reminded of my blog title when she saw it. I have grown to appreciate the phrase, "I will choose to be a blessing for life." and that is what this angel reminds me of. The card that came with the angel says, "Each day, sharing our unexpected blessings." It's a reminder to be thankful for the blessings in my life and to strive to be a blessing to others.

Perhaps my collection will continue to grow in the years to come. The angels themselves are simple, but the words associated with them give them greater meaning.

1 comment:

  1. Good that you have found somethings that can motivate your everyday challenge of life. All of us need the same motivation to never give up even if the odds are against us. :)
    - WillowTreeShop.com

    ReplyDelete