Friday, January 7, 2011

Fashion Bug

I had lunch today with my friend, Amy. She is the store manager at Fashion Bug, and hired me to work there 6 years ago. It was my first real job as a 16 year old, and I learned a lot. I had to come out of my shell as I was told over and over, "You have to greet the customers!" Eventually, I was running around that store helping people find just the right outfit with the perfect jewelry!

I worked during the school year and throughout the summers. When it was nice, I would ride my bike on the railtrail to work and leave my bike in the back room. People picked on me, but I didn't have a car, and sometimes the family vehicles were both being used!

Eventually, I went away to college, but that didn't keep me away from Fashion Bug! I worked there on breaks and over the summer. I did this for my first two years of school. I last worked at Fashion Bug after sophomore year, in August 2009. Since then, I have kept in touch with Amy and have visited the store when I am home on breaks.

Amy is always a great person to talk to! She can tell when you are having a bad day or when something just isn't right. She is sympathetic and gives good advice. The day I met her, I was pleased to find out that she was a Christian as well - what a blessing to have that in common!

I am thankful for my time at Fashion Bug - it gave me real-world experience in things I have talked about in my business classes. It's been fun to keep in touch with the girls at the store over the years, and I hope Amy and I will continue our friendship for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment