Thursday, January 6, 2011

Elephant Collection


This is Ellie. I have had this elephant for 22 years! My sister, Amy, gave her to my when I first came home from the hospital. I used to suck my thumb when I was little - I would do this and rub Ellie's ear. You can't quite see it in the picture, but her left ear has lost most of it's fur. I would play with her trunk too, and my mom had to sew that back up several times. Ellie is still resting on my shelf in my room at home.

I no longer carried Ellie around everywhere, but around middle school, I commonly got questions like, "What's your favorite color?" or "What's your favorite food?" or "What's your favorite animal?" Well, I didn't have a favorite animal, but I thought back to Ellie and decided that it should be elephants! Little did I know, that decision would turn into a collection of 80+ elephants from over the years! Elephant items are commonly given to me on my birthday, Christmas, or after a friend takes a trip somewhere - I have elephants from about 8 different countries! People even tag me in picutres of elephants on Facebook! I love looking over all my elephants and remembering how I got each one.

Part of my collection is at home and part of it is in my dorm at school. I ask for an elephant calendar every year, have several stuffed animals, figurines, key chains, Christmas ornaments, and more!

Who knows what this collection will grow to, but I love that my little green Ellie has turned into such a fun collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment