Monday, January 17, 2011

Core Values


I had the day off from classes because of MLK Jr. Day, which worked out perfect, since I had orientation from 9-5 at Heritage for my internship. I got an overview of the organization and a tour a various facilities that they use.

What I found interesting were their core values. Core values are something we talk about a lot in business classes, so it was neat to see how Heritage implemented action behind their core values. Here is what Heritage values:

Christian Compassion - Serving others and ourselves with dignity, respect, and open hearts.

Courage - Fearless and steadfast strength, even in difficult situations.

Entrepreneurship - Gumption and initiative to serve people in new ways.

Excellence - Determination to always meet and surpass quality standards.

Honesty - Commitment to truth in intentions, actions, and words.

Humor - Lightheartedness and the ability and desire to share laughter with one another.

That last one might be my favorite just because you don't often hear that in the business world. A family-like setting was stressed, and I can see how humor would help foster that idea. I am very excited to begin my internship with this organization - today was a very positive starting experience with them!

1 comment: