Saturday, June 4, 2011

And the Bride Wore White


My friend, Pam, got married today! She was a beautiful bride, Joe looked so spiffy, and it was a wonderful celebration and memorable day! She was smiling the entire day, and I'm just so happy for her! I cried as she walked down the isle. I cried as she was having pictures taken. I teared up at the reception every time I saw her in that white dress. I was with her on the dance floor, and the tears came again! I was able to share a special moment with her, just hugging her and saying I couldn't believe this was all really happening, but I was so happy for her! She has been a good friend for 22 years, and I'm excited for this new phase in her life.

I love how weddings are able to bring friends together! This group of girls have been to countless birthday parties, sleepovers, and cheerleading practices (Brittany, you are included in those - remember Heather's deck?!). Though the college years had us in many different directions - Philly, Buffalo, Rochester, Delhi (the reason for today's celebration!), Hawaii, Virginia, Africa, London, Ecuador - we all ended up back in Binghamton today to share in Pam's special day!

To end the night, I ended up with the bouquet! It will be a special reminder of this memorable day with a great friend!

Congratulations, Pam and Joe!!

1 comment: