Friday, June 17, 2011

My Top 5


We had a staff training/enrichment day at work yesterday. Beforehand, we all took a self-assessment to determine our top strengths. I had taken a lot of these this past year at school, and it's kind of a fun way to learn more about yourself and others.

According to the Strengths Finder 2.0, my top 5 strengths are:

1. Communication - I can easily put my thoughts into words. I offer explanations, discuss ideas, give examples, and share stories. Seeing as I am the Communications Director, I'd say this is a good thing.

2. Discipline - I enjoy routine and structure and create order. I am described as being a self-starter and often see what needs to be done and do it without being told. The results also shared how I like things to remain clean and presentable.

3. Developer - I tend to recognize and cultivate the potential in others. I desire to establish close bonds with those I meet and acknowledge their accomplishments. I make sure people know they are appreciated.

4. Woo - I had to look into this one to understand what a Woo was! The results explained that I love the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. I like to break the ice and make a connection with other people. I am open and transparent and devoted to the people in my life. I am lively and make events exciting for others. Woo stands for Winning Others Over.

5. Positivity - I have an enthusiasm that is contagious, getting others excited about what they are going to do. I have a practical, realistic, and straightforward thinking style. I inspire individuals to move into action and like to match tasks to people's talents.

It was interesting to hear the strengths of others and see how those were important in each of our roles at Life Choices Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment