Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Was Warned


It's nights like this that I wish we were still roommates..I'm sad and have no one to talk to : (          

This was the text message I sent to my college roommate, Michelle, last night. Two minutes later we were on the phone with each other and had an hour-long conversation.

We were both missing good friends.

I had been warned about this, and it is just starting to hit me.

I was told that is one of the hardest parts about graduating - not being as connected to all of your friends. I don't see them in class every day. I don't have coffee and lunch dates on a regular basis. I don't make my friends dinner or host game nights at my townhouse. I don't talk to Michelle late at night about whatever is on our minds.

Sure, I've called my friends, and we share pictures on Facebook, but it's not the same. It's even hard to get together with my friends that are still in Binghamton as we are all on different schedules - school is no longer a common bond with me and my friends, and I miss that.

I have met a group of friends at church, but it takes time to really form meaningful relationships. I felt this same when when I started at Roberts, and it took three years for me to really form solid relationships. Three years! Prayerfully, I will make connections in Binghamton sooner than that.

I was warned, but that hasn't made it any easier.

2 comments:

  1. aw! I'm sorry! It does change....but it will get better! Can't wait to see you next week and have some girl time together with pam! you're always always always welcome to come down and visit me at camp too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand too! I remember the summer that we left the Davis campus was very lonely. I really, really missed all the people that we had grown to love and be around on campus! We had spent three years of our life there together! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete