Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Align: The Binghamton Version of GAP


About a year ago now, I started going to GAP events up in Rochester. This was the young adult group at my church there. We did Bible studies, sang songs, did service projects, and played lots of volleyball! I knew I would miss those relationships and activities when I moved back to Binghamton. Tonight, however, my friend, Danielle, wanted to go check out Align, the young adult group at a church in the Binghamton area. I kept thinking of GAP the whole time I was there!

One of the guys talked with us about how we choose to use our time. He reminded me a lot of my friend, Jayce, from Browncroft, my church in Rochester. This same topic recently came up in our Bible study, and both guys used similar examples to explain how we determine our priorities. Wise use of our time is always an interesting topic as many of us love to be busy! I love the phrase in a verse in Colossians that encourages us to "make the most of every opportunity" and I was glad for that reminder tonight!

After our discussion and a time of prayer, we chatted for a bit, then headed outside to play ultimate frisbee - a favorite of mine! We even sqeezed in a little volleyball tonight, which was very fun! Danielle and I had a good time, met some new friends, and hope to join them again next week. I was glad to find a community that reminded me of home. Yes, I still catch myself calling Rochester home - that will take some time to switch in my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment