Monday, June 27, 2011

Friends Across the Miles


I spent the weekend in Rochester. I am exhausted. There were so many people that I wanted to see and things I wanted to do, and I did it all!

I left Binghamton early Friday morning to make it to campus by 11am. I visited with staff members who had been my work supervisors throughout my time at Roberts, whom I now consider friends and mentors. I was able to grab lunch with Honna and hear about her latest adventures. A friend of mine had a BBQ that night, so I saw some friends from church and chatted with new friends. It was nice to be back in Rochester.

I met my cousin for a long run on Saturday morning. After running right into a large gate at the start of our run, we both survived and had a good time catching up. I met a roommate for lunch and grabbed ice cream with a professor. Then I joined Lindsey and Honna for dinner at the diner and heard more about their trip to India. We hung out at Lindsey's for a game night, and more friends stopped by. It was great to catch up with everyone, and the new game we played kept us laughing!

After church on Sunday, I joined some friends for a trip to Niagara Falls. We ventured over to the Canadian side and grabbed lunch at Tim Hortons. All my years in Rochester, and I never made it to the falls! The last time I was there was during my senior year of high school. We had a fun day exploring. To finish my visit to Rochester, I headed to Jillian's place for dinner. It was nice to hear the latest news in her life, and she gave me a sweet card organizer! (My friends know me too well!) I was exhausted from my full 3 days in Rochester, but I headed out for the drive home.

The picture above is from my drive back to Binghamton. There's many miles between the two places, but both still feel like home!

1 comment: