Friday, June 3, 2011

Lifelong Friends


There are some friends that become lifelong friends, and these past two days have been filled with seeing some of those lifelong friends. Above is me with my friend, Kimberly. We were close friends growing up, and she moved to California in Jr. High. We kept in touch over the years through e-mails, phone calls, and letters. She came back to NY a couple of times, and I was able to visit her and her husband in CA a few summers ago. She is now Mom to an almost 2 year old, with another one on the way! Her family was traveling through Binghamton to visit relatives, so we had dinner at Panera and had a good time catching up. I'm glad our friendship has lasted all these years over all those miles!

I have known these girls since first grade or before, and we graduated from high school together - 4 years ago! Heather is now a Mommy and lives in Virginia. I graduated from college in Rochester and work at a not-for-profit in Binghamton. Hannah was in Africa for her final semester and will be teaching first grade at a school in Texas in the fall. Danielle is living in Binghamton and has started an intense one-year nursing program. It was great to get together tonight after being in so many different places recently, and I hope our paths continue to cross in the years to come!

I also got to meet this little guy tonight! This is Heather's 6 week old son, Colston - what a cutie!

I have friends in all different stages of life: one is getting married tomorrow, one is pregnant, some are engaged, going to school, or starting new jobs. I love that I have a handful of lifelong friends that I can share life with no matter what stage we are in at the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment