Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to Work


It was back to work today. I am working 2 jobs this year - one old and one new. I am working in the Human Resources Department on campus as an office assistant just like I did last year. I process applications, file paperwork, and create the Bulletin. The Bulletin is an online newsletter that goes out to faculty and staff each week. It's a creative way to send announcements, updates, and news. I enjoy creating that each week. I also enjoy the ladies that I work with in the HR department, and I'm looking forward to this year with them.

My second job is something I have not done before - grant writing. I will be working with a professor in the business department to write maybe 2 grants. I am interested in grant writing after college, and it's part of what I am doing for my internship in the spring. Additionally, I will be getting class credit for the work I do. For one of my classes we get to pick a topic we want to learn more about and complete tasks to accomplish that goal. I am going to learn more about grant writing by shadowing people, reading about it, and having hands-on experience through my job. It will be a semester of learning and possibly getting some money for a not-for-profit venture!

I will be working 10 hours a week, which is more than I have done in past semesters. It will keep me busy, but I'm looking forward to what I will experience and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment