Sunday, September 12, 2010

Race Day - Half Marathon!

Today was the day! After thinking about is since March, and seriously running over 235 miles since May, today was the day my friends and I ran 13.1 miles in the Rochester Half Marathon. Above, Hannah is a friend from high school, Audrey is a friend from church who is a grad student at Roberts, and Meagan is my RA this year. We had a great day for a race - about 60 degrees with a cool breeze. Over 2000 runners participated this year!

Here is me at mile 5! My parents and older sister, Amy, came to cheer me on - these pictures are from them. The first 5 miles went by pretty fast!

I'm in the maroon about to cross the finish line. I started cheering because they had just announced my name!

Crossing the finish line! Note the time to the left - 2:31:32, just a minute and a half over my goal! The last mile was the hardest!

Hannah and I at the end - what an accomplishment!

Roberts Ladies celebrating our 13.1 miles! What a fun experience and a great way to build relationships throughout all of our training!

No comments:

Post a Comment