Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another New Friend


Back in July, I posted about meeting 3 New People and shared about my new friend, Rachel. Later in July I met Audrey. She was at church and had asked about activities for young adults. My friend, Jayce, was talking to her and found out she went to Roberts and decided she had to meet me! He introduced us and we started talking, hitting it off right away. She is a grad student studying social work at Roberts and lives not too far from campus. Eventually, the fact that I had to run 6 miles that afternoon came up, and Audrey was like, "I'll run it with you!" I was shocked because not just anyone will run 6 miles with you. We swapped contact information and decided we would make plans to run later that evening. It ended up she had dinner plans that night she forgot about, so I ran by myself. Well, before I even saw Audrey a second time she had signed up for the half marathon!

Since then, we have run many miles together before church, gone out to lunch, shared ridiculous moments of our lives while enjoying Jitter's, and even dominated at Kan Jam at a friend's BBQ. Audrey is a fun new friend, and I am looking forward to getting to know her more throughout the year. We are thankful that Jayce introduced us that one Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment