Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Finding the New Normal


Three weeks ago I was preparing for change. I knew a new semester was about to start, and that meant many changes ahead - a new job, new schedule, new social activities, new roommates, and more. I don't like change, so I was hoping I would be able to find a new normal quickly. Well, 3 weeks later, I am starting to find my new normal. This has been the first week of school with all of my classes and all of my work hours. I am getting into a routine and finding out where I can fit social activites. I have picked what day will be my laundry day and have made some pretty regular weekly plans with friends.

I loved my summer, and was happy with my work hours, training schedule, and evenings of activities. However, that has all been mixed up, and I have had to rethink priorities. It has been a pretty smooth transition into the semester, and the new normal is not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment