Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grant Complete


I prepared and placed a grant in the mail today. This is the first grant that I found on my own and completed the entire process from start to finish. It's also the biggest one I have written - requesting $8,000!

I wrote the grant for a set of camps SIFE hosts on campus during February Break - Women of Hope and Women of Courage. Women of Hope began in 2003 for high school girls to learn life skills. Women of Courage is new this year, and an extension of Women of Hope. It was created for returning Women of Hope campers, focusing on business skills.

It was a process to gather all the necessary information and documents. I felt so accomplished when I proudly took the stuffed envelope to the mailroom! We will find out in mid-February if we were awarded money for this year or next year's camps. It was a great learning experience for me, and hopefully only one of several more grants to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment