Friday, November 5, 2010

Time in Canandaigua


I traveled about an hour east to Canandaigua today! The United Way was hosting a day for not-for-profits to learn more about marketing and other topics. My professor told me about it because the last session of the day was on grant writing. I went and learn some new things about foundations offering grants, timelines, and who to involve in the process. I also have some new websites to check out! I am going to another grant writing workshop on Monday - this one is at a Library in Rochester.
On my way back from the grant workshop, I basically drove right past my grandparents' house, so I stopped in to surprise them! My grandma showed me the latest quilt she's been working on, and we talked about who they know in Ecuador near Shell (I'll share more details as to why in another post soon!). I was glad it worked out for me to visit my grandparents - it's nice to have family near by!

No comments:

Post a Comment