Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Trot

I ran my first Turkey Trot today with my cousin, Becca! She has been running for quite some time, but this was her first organized long distance race. It was fun to do together!

The race was in Webster, about half an hour from campus. It was a cold morning, but we were ready for the 10am race! 3500+ people were there for either the 4.4 mile race or the 2.5 mile race - we did the 4.4. The Turkey Trot really started out as a trot! There were so many people, we were hardly moving. We were weaving in and out of people nearly the whole race. I finished at 44:16 - 44 seconds under my goal! Becca was the 34th female in our age group - a total of 147 racers.

It was a fun way to start our Thanksgiving. We headed back to Becca's parents' house for our meal, and my family and our grandparents were there as well. It was a nice day spent with family, and I have so many blessings to be thankful for this year! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment